Thursday, March 3, 2011

What is your favorite music to dance to?

As a dancer and performer, I am always on the look out for good music.  I have a ton of bellydance music, but I really am trying to expand my musical horizons.  For instance, I've been taking the Bhangra classes at the studio, so I really want some good music to practice my new moves!  Many new dance students want good music for their dance practice, but often the amount of music out there is overwhelming.  While I have found some of my favorite bellydance songs from randomly browsing itunes, more often than not if I buy music without knowing anything about the artists I end up being disappointed.  So my (somewhat selfish) question for you is: What is your favorite music to dance to?

Here are a few of my favorites:
-Natacha Atlas (pretty much any of her albums)
-Upper Egypt Ensemble (again I like almost all of their music)
-Beats Antique

Even though I love regular bellydance music, I often find myself dancing to all kinds of crazy music.  Dancing to metal is one of my favorite "out there" genres.  How can you not want to shimmy with all those sweet guitar riffs and pounding drums?  What "strange" music do you enjoy dancing to?

While I have only mentioned bellydance music (because I am a bellydancer), if you have any favorites for other styles of dance please feel free to share them as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment