Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Featured Class of the Week: Bellydance Skills and Drills

The classes have started and overall the first week open was a success!  Now that we are in the swing of things, I'd like to feature one of our classes each week.  This week I'll talk about one of the classes that I am teaching because I can tell you about it first hand.

Bellydance Skills and Drills is a fast-paced class where I go through a number of technique drills and strengthening exercises.  This includes a shimmy bonanza (up to 3 whole songs worth of shimmies!), layering practice, traveling practice, and much more.  About half of the class is dedicated to fun and challenging drills that encourage students to push their dance boundaries and think about the basics in a new light.  The other half is dedicated to working on new skills and techniques that students aren't familiar with.  It is a great balance of instruction, technique critique, and a great workout (at least in my opinion, and I'm not biased at all :) )
This class rocks!


So, does this class sound like something you'd like?  Then feel free to drop-in this Thursday from 7:00-8:15 and check it out, you won't be disappointed!  There are still 5 more weeks of class in this session and a whole new session will begin in January.  Visit www.worldinmotiondance.com for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment